Dear Amanda,

I once spoke to a virologist in Sweden who told me they had found ranavirus
in wild amphibiand there. Not published to the best of my knowledge. I
tried to follow up on it (and sent him info on the symposium) but
unfortunately got no reaction. I also know that ranavirus has been found in
catfish in Hungary. They are actually working on characterising the virus
(I believe they have fully sequenced one isolate).

Cheers,
Rachel

--
PD Dr.med.vet. Rachel E. Marschang, Dip ECZM (herpetology), FTÄ
Mikrobiologie, ZB Reptilien