Dear Geographers,

If you have an interest in spatial population data please keep in mind that NASA has the socioeconomic data and applications center (SEDAC) that is hosted by CIESN (Center for International Science Information Network, http://www.ciesin.org/) at the Earth Institute, Colombia University.

There are 45 population datasets, 22 remote sensing (really GIS derived) datasets and a total of 173 datasets under 16 themes such as Urban, Water, and Sustainability.

Check it out.

Kindest regards,

Robert A. Washington-Allen
1. Assistant Professor of Geography
2. Environmental Tomography Laboratory
3. Applied Biodiversity Science-IGERT Affiliated Professor:http://biodiversity.tamu.edu/
4. NSF-Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU): Ecohydrology of Tropical Cloud Forests Faculty Mentor
Department of Geography
University of Tennessee
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925
Cell: 979-571-4330

"God has chosen the world that is the most perfect,
that is to say, the one that is at the same time the
simplest in hypotheses and the richest in phenomena."
                     ---Leibniz

"I can calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people."
--- Isaac Newton