Hello everybody.  I am writing to encourage you to submit a proposal for the Tennessee Counseling Association 56th Annual Conference, at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, November 23-26, 2013.

Our theme this year is “Counselors Making a Difference”.  We are just 50 days away from the July 15 deadline, and I will be sending periodic reminders to encourage you to submit a proposal.  This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise with your peers.  We welcome all proposals, clinical or school counselors, professionals or students, researchers or practitioners.  Diversity of presentations is a hallmark of the TCA conference, and we hope this will be the biggest and best conference yet.

In hopes of inspiring you to pull that proposal together, I will be sending along 10 reasons to submit a presentation proposal.  Reason #10:  Conference presenters will receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.  In addition to the numerous intangible benefits you will accrue from presenting your knowledge, you will receive a financial benefit as well.  This will assist you in attending the conference, which will avail you to all the programming and networking opportunities that week in Murfreesboro.

So please take a few minutes and submit the attached form.

Deadline:  Submissions must be received by July 15, 2013. Early submissions are strongly recommended. Notification of proposal acceptance will be sent by Sept. 15, 2013

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Andy Finch

2013 TCA Proposal Review Committee Chair

Associate Professor of the Practice of Human & Organizational Development

Vanderbilt University