Please excuse any cross postings.

I am planning a panel for ALISE 2014, on youth services and educational entrepreneurship. There is much in the literature about distance education, for example, but not much specifically about youth services classes. Some of what we teach is high-touch, e.g. demonstrating story times, examining and evaluating picture books, etc, and we're challenged to find ways to convey knowledge and skill sets at a distance – and I think we do it successfully.

If you are interested in working on this panel idea – either submitting a paper for consideration, or discussing alternate options for a youth services panel, please let me know by June 15th.

Cindy C. Welch, Ph.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee