The School of Library and Information Studies at the University of Alberta will say farewell to Ernie Ingles as Director of the School at the end of June, as he moves into retirement.  Dr. Fern Snart, Dean of the School’s home Faculty of Education, says, “My personal gratitude to Ernie is enormous for stepping in with energy and conviction and supporting us through the last three years of growth, enrichment, and collegiality - and for facilitating an exemplary accreditation report and external review process.  We will miss him and our appreciation and affection abound!”

            Dr. Anna Altmann, former Director of SLIS from February 2003 to December 2007, will serve as Interim Director for the 2013-14 year.  The School will advertise for a Director during the upcoming year.  Dr. Snart says, “Anna will be welcomed back into the fold by SLIS faculty, and I'm delighted at the opportunity to work with her once again as part of the Faculty of Education's leadership team.”

Sophia Sherman, Office Administrator
School of Library and Information Studies
3-20 Rutherford South
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J4
Phone: (780)492-4578, Fax: (780)492-2430
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email message, including any attachments, is intended only for the exclusive view of named recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), or it has been inappropriately forwarded to you, please immediately notify the original sender by reply email and delete this email message, including any attachments. Thank you.