---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 12:17:40 -0400
From: Suzanne Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Web sites for LIS programs

As we went through the process of creating a new web site about a year
ago, my response is that, at least at LSU, much of our site is controlled
by the university. I know that we are not the only school in that
position; "branding" has become the fad of the day.

That being said, I frequently find it quite ironic how poor we in LIS are
at providing information about ourselves. We need to apply the principles
and concepts that we teach our students to ourselves.

Suzanne M. Stauffer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Louisiana State University
277 Coates Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
(225)578-1461
Fax: (225)578-4581

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

--T.S. Eliot, "Choruses from The Rock"