Steve (and others):

If you are attending the Ranavirus Symposium, you are required to register for at least one day ($125 USD).  This fee is necessary, because WDA is not charging the GRC for room use, bulletin board rental (for posters), and A/V rental (a significant expense).  There are one-day Ranavirus Symposium options at the WDA registration website.

Click on the registration tab and scroll towards the bottom:

http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/WDA2013/default.html

Direct Link: https://utconferences.outreach.utk.edu/ei/getdemo.ei?id=296&s=_5RO0MUA31&bulk=y

As Jesse mentioned in a previous email, the Symposium Fundraising Committee is working tirelessly to secure funds for travel grants for speakers and students.  To date, we’ve secured approximately $25,000 USD.  Greg Chinchar, Jesse and I will contacting individuals in May and June about travel support.  Additionally, Danna Schock secured some funds for travel for Canadian scientists --- please contact her ([log in to unmask]) if you are from Canada and will be attending the symposium.

Also, I encourage symposium members to sign up for the ranavirus surveillance field trips (one led by Matt Allender and one by me) as soon as possible --- they are $30 USD each.  There is limited space and regular WDA conference attendees can attend too.  Our field trips will occur simultaneously at different locations, so you can choose one trip per day, but we are offering the field trips twice (29 and 31 July).  For more information, see:

http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/WDA2013/workshops.html

If you have any questions, please contact Deb Miller (Chair, WDA Conference Planning Committee) or me.

We are expecting approximately 100 participants at the symposium.  We’re looking forward to your attendance and a productive meeting!

All the Best---

Matt

Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D.
Center for Wildlife Health

University of Tennessee
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563
865.974.2740 [ofc]
865.974.4714 [fax]
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/personnel/mgray.htm

For more information about Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries at UTK,
Please visit
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/ or call 865.974.7126