Good Morning All,

Please see the info below about a water resource event being held on Friday, the 27th. Kudos to Julie and her marketing folks for the interesting title! If you have any questions, please contact Julie.

Thanks,

Ron Kalafsky

From: Department of Geography [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of McKnight, Julie Yvett
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UTKGEOG] Join us at the Water Love Fest!!!

Hello Everyone!

As most of you know, I am currently President of the newly established American Water Resources Association Student Chapter here at UTK. On Friday April 27th, we are hosting a free (w/recommended donation of $5), local event to promote water resource awareness and stewardship as well as interaction between professionals, academics, non-profits and community members in East Tennessee.

We have a full evening planned complete with a social hour, raffle (including prizes such as rafting trips on the Ocoee River and a private party for 20 at Sawworks Brewing Comp.), rain barrel workshop, live local band performances, and a screening of the world-renowned short film 'Watershed''.

Proceeds will support and promote:
- Stewardship of local water resources
- Water related research & field experiences for University students
- Awareness & implementation of water conservation practices
- Community outreach & educational programming
- Local & Regional conservation groups (Including the Legacy Parks Foundation and the Little River Watershed Association).

I have attached an event flyer for the event details. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Hope to see you all there!!!

Julie McKnight
AWRA UTK Student Chapter, President