From: Eric Meyer <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:33 AM
To: Jesse Open Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: FW: OII Summer Doctoral Programme

The Oxford Internet Institute Summer Doctoral Programme will be held at the Toronto iSchool this year. We hope to see applications from the information science community! Details below.

Eric T. Meyer, PhD
Research Fellow & DPhil Programme Director
Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
Web: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/?id=120
Blog: http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/meyer/
SSRN: http://ssrn.com/author=912385
Twitter: @etmeyer

Subject: OII Summer Doctoral Programme

Dear Colleague,
As the deadline approaches for this year’s Oxford Internet Institute Summer Doctoral Programme, I would be very grateful if you could forward this e-mail to any PhD students who may want to apply, or to faculty supervisors working in the relevant fields.

The OII Summer Doctoral Programme brings together PhD students from around the world for a fortnight of study with leading academics in a multi-disciplinary environment that aims to provide constructive advice and support for students' doctoral thesis research. The programme is structured around daily lectures, seminars and social events, aimed at developing student thinking on a range of issues central to the Internet. Students also have the opportunity to present and discuss their own thesis research with faculty and students.

This year’s programme will be held at the iSchool at the University of Toronto, and will run from 8th-19th July. Participating tutors include faculty from the wider Ontario area (Barry Wellman, Seamus Ross, Leslie Regan Shade, Rhonda McEwen, Anabel Quan-Haase, Jason Nolan, Ron Deibert and others) as well as faculty from OII (Bernie Hogan, Eric Meyer and Vicki Nash). We also hope to bring back SDP alumni for a day of networking and presentations on the 12th July.

The deadline for applications is 25th February. Further details and information about how to apply can be found at: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/teaching/sdp/Y2013.cfm whilst more informal information is available on the SDP blog at: http://blogs.oii.ox.ac.uk/sdp/

Thanks are due to all our SDP partners, most notably, the UoT iSchool, but also the Faculty of Communication and Design at Ryerson University, Annenberg School of Communication at USC and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best
Vicki Nash

Dr Victoria Nash
Director of Graduate Studies