On behalf of Richard Counsil...
From: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>] On Behalf Of Richard Counsil
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:57 AM
To: Allyson Carlyle
Subject: What WLA members need to know about the new Student Interest Group
 Hi WLA members,
 This is Richard Counsil your current iSchool Rep.
 I very gladly want to draw your attention to the Student Interest Group (SIG), one of the WLA's new IGs this year.
My hope is that SIG will be alluring to any member of the WLA, including WLA members attending iSchools other than the one at the UW. Nothing exclusive about it.
To give you a sense of the new IG's purpose, here are some of what I think are the most important things to know:
 SIG HIGHLIGHTS:

  1.  SIG is a effort to promote professional networking between iSchool students and the WLA community
  2.  It is an opportunity for iSchool students to gain momentum as active and long-term WLA members
  3.  It is a way for everyone in the WLA to more easily engage with iSchool students in events and planning
  4.  It is also a way for WLA members to draw on the enthusiasm and shape the potential of future librarians/library professionals
Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions. I will be promoting officer and event information soon!
 -Richard

Richard Counsil
MLIS Candidate 2013
The Information School