Dear Colleagues,

The challenge of “big data” is felt by everyone, from international teams to “teams of one.” The Institute for Empowering Long Tail Research is addressing this challenge by conceptualizing and building the necessary tools and services to help small laboratories make full use of their valuable research data.
To learn more about our research or to keep up with the ongoing activities of our team, please visit our website or sign up for our monthly newsletter at https://sites.google.com/site/ieltrconcept/home.  The latest newsletter contains information about our project as well as updates on lectures and workshops held by our PIs.

CIELTR Principal investigators

Christine Borgman, UCLA Dept. of Information Studies
Ian Foster, U. of Chicago Computation Institute
Bryan Heidorn, U. of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science
Bill Howe, U. of Washington Computer Science & Engineering
Carl Kesselman, USC Information Sciences Institute

Thank you!
Rebekah Cummings and the CIELTR Research Team