CEU credits are now available for "Improving Library Services to People With Disabilities", a popular online course offered by the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA), a division of ALA. Registration ends at close-of-business this Thursday, Feb. 14.

Course Schedule: Feb. 18-March 17
Two live chat sessions: Thursday, February 28, 3-4 pm Central Time and Thursday, March 14, 3-4 pm Central Time.
More course information: http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaevents/onlinelearning/libraryservices
Registration rates start at $150 for ASCLA members. This rate includes $20 for the CEU credits.
Register online now: http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=oloc&Template=/Conference/ConferenceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=L

During this course, participants will identify library users with disabilities at their library and the resources and assistive technologies available to assist them; examine changes in attitudes, laws and technologies that have impacted people with disabilities; and will be able to recommend changes in personal and organizational behaviors to improve services for people with disabilities at their library.

Here's what some of our past participants from a variety of library types had to say about this course:

                      --"Several of our staff enrolled as a group, and used the course as a launching pad to have further discussion across the library. We all agree that there is much for us to do. It created momentum for us around the library about many issues of accessibility."

                      --"We implemented a team to begin looking at all aspects of how our library assists people with disabilities. We have already begun making recommendations for improvement to our department heads."

                      --"We have already begun to look at programs and services in light of what we’ve learned and will be setting up a process that will prioritize new work to implement enhancements and improvements. Several recommendations have already been made in the areas of staff development and training, modifications to web pages and program statements and adoption of new technologies."

Register online now: http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=oloc&Template=/Conference/ConferenceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=L

Questions about registration? Contact [log in to unmask] or (800) 545-2433, option 5.

Please share this message with other lists or colleagues who might find it of interest! Thanks. :o)

Liz Markel
Marketing & Programs Manager, RUSA & ASCLA