New Fast Track MLIS Offered by USC’s School of Library and Information Science
Master of Library and Information Science

Fast Track MLIS is the newest program offered by the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS).  Beginning in spring of 2013, prospective students may apply for admission to the Fast Track Master of Library and Information Science at the University of South Carolina.  The program guarantees that the ALA-accredited MLIS can be completed within 18 months and will be available 100% online.

The need for information professionals is continually increasing across the United States. SLIS director, Dr. Samantha K. Hastings, and our expert faculty understand the significance of providing and managing information.  The Fast Track MLIS addresses the need by making it possible for students to become professionals in the field faster without comprising quality.  The program is being launched with the choice of three areas of focus:  cultural heritage institutions, information services, library services for children and youth.

“You are always welcome on our campus and we hope that you will visit us sometime,” says Dr. Hastings.  “However, for these three areas of interest, you can complete your program in 18 months, from any location. We expect that you will use your MLIS degree to change the world, providing access to information for everyone.”

This excellent and exciting opportunity to enter the dynamic field of library and information services is available now. The application process begins with the Graduate School’s online application.  Application deadline for summer and fall 2013 is March 15, 2013.

Program information is at http://www.libsci.sc.edu/fasttrack/index.htm.  For more information contact SLIS’ Student Services Office.

Telephone:  803-777-3887
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.libsci.sc.edu