Dear STC-ETC Colleagues and Friends,

If you attended the STC-ETC program tonight featuring Fatima Hyder, Grammar Gremlins;  Anna Hamilton, A Day in The Life; and Rose Raney, How to Survive and Thrive in the Trenches,” this email will be redundant information. You can stop reading now, or as Rose would have said, “Put down your pens.” (You had to have been there!)

Attendees tonight left saying this was the best program ever. It was a mini-conference with the three talks, the great venue at and warm welcome from King College, the excellent food, and the camaraderie and interaction. As Michael Fawley, our VP and Program Manager who designed and ran this event, would say, “It was good value.”

Next month features Fred O’Hara on plagiarism and his challenge as an editor to identify and correct it in high level documents. Like Fred’s talk at PCOC, this is another “must see” event.

And finally, our president, Marla Vinson, has been working hard to help the Middle Tennessee chapter find a home with us. With Michael’s vision and energy, we are very close to presenting our programs remotely. (I just edited that last sentence using Fatima’s advice.) We will finally be able to reach out to all our TN members and to anyone with an interest in attending regardless of location.

Plan to come next month. Michael will be publishing a schedule on the website, www.stc-etc.org.

Best wishes,

Mary

Mary Ryba Knepper, Immediate Past President and PCOC 2012 Manager

East Tennessee Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication

708.738.8178 cell

"Supporting technical enterprise and science through excellence in technical communication"