Dear Geography Undergraduate Students:

I hope your semester is going well.

As you may already know, the Department recently put out the 2012-2013 edition of our newsletter.  The newsletter has a new name ("Volunteer Geographer"), a different look, and more stories about students and faculty within our Department.  In fact, we have highlighted the accomplishments and excellent work of some of your fellow undergraduate students.

If you are interested in reading a copy of the newsletter, you can find an electronic copy on our web page (http://web.utk.edu/~utkgeog/news.htm).  If you would like to have a glossy print of the newsletter, I have placed copies on the third floor, on the tables in the student alcove area and in front of the main office next to the TN physical relief map.  In addition, you can always come by the main office and ask Norma for a copy.  She has several copies to give out.

You are an important part of the UT Geography Community and we want you to hear about some of the great activities going on in the Department.  Feel free to take a copy home for your parents or friends on campus.  Help spread the word-UT Geographers Rock!

Thanks for your time.
Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
Professor & Head