Dear Club Geographers:

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who attended the meet and greet yesterday afternoon.  We had a nice exchange of ideas that will no doubt improve the Geography program.  Of the many things discussed yesterday, we had two items that appeared to generate considerable interest: (1) organizing some sort of local field trip experience (in addition to wonderful things already planned, such as the upcoming hike); and (2) having speakers visit majors  in the Department who can speak to vocational use of Geography (in addition to or perhaps partnered with activities and panels held in GEOG 499).

As I mentioned at the social, do not hesitate to contact me if you have an idea of how the Department can better serve you and advance your professional development.  Please also feel free to contact our GTA in charge of undergraduate programming and promotions—Elizabeth Schneider ([log in to unmask]).  Elizabeth has been put into place to help us assess your needs and goals within the Department.  She is working alongside Dr. Ron Kalafsky (Undergrad Director), Micheline van Riemsdijk (Associate Undergrad Director), and Dakota Anderson (Club Geography President).  We are all here to help.

And as I often say (and I mean it), my door is always open to you.

Best wishes,

Derek Alderman

Professor & Department Head

UT Geography