eTorch :: Illuminating the University of Tennessee Alumni :: February 2013

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser.

etorch: illuminating the university of tennessee alumni

February 2013

Top Story

Falling in Love at UT

Everyone loves a good love story, so we asked our readers for theirs. You obliged us with tales of love at first sight, blind dates, and campus weddings.

+ read more

Falling in Love at UT

FEATURES

Vol Compliments

Vol ComplimentsA new Facebook page is paying it forward by spreading kind words and appreciation for students, faculty, and staff.
+ read more

Bittersweet Symphony

Bittersweet SymphonyFamed composer and pianist Sergei Rachmaninoff performed his last concert in Alumni Memorial Auditorium in February 1943. Seventy years later, that performance is being celebrated with the “Rachmaninoff Remembered” concert.
+ read more

PROGRAMS

Alumni Summer College 2013

Bittersweet SymphonyFor more than three decades, Alumni Summer College has been hosting alumni for five days of education and entertainment. This year, participants will take a look at “UT & Technology…Shaping our World.” Join us as we take a look at technology and the advances UT has made along the way. For more information, visit volsconnect.com/asc or call 865-974-3011.

FACULTY SPOTLIGHT

Syed Kamrul Islam

Syed Kamrul IslamMicroelectronics in the human body? It’s not as farfetched as you may think. Professor Syed Kamrul Islam is working to make it happen.
+ read more

ALUMNI REUNION

Golden Grads

Visit with Chancellor Cheek Alumni from the class of 1963 are invited back to campus to celebrate their fiftieth class reunion April 25–27.
+ read more

ALUMNI News

We love our donors

A Valentine MessageValentine’s Day is upon us, and we at the University of Tennessee would like to shout from the rooftops just how thankful we are for our 2012 donors and all of the support each of you gave us last year.
+ read more

YOUNG ALUMNI

Basketball and More

Train for a Half Marathon with Young AlumniJoin the Young Alumni group for an exciting day in Big Orange Country to include a basketball game, a tour of the new football training center, and more.
+ read more

March Madness

UTAA Job BoardThe Big Orange Tailgate Tour is rolling out events for March Madness. Join us as we cheer on the Vols and Lady Vols basketball teams at the SEC tournament. Keep checking our website for future events during March Madness as the Vols and Lady Vols advance to the NCAA tournament!
+ read more

ALUMNI TOURS

Tee Off for the Masters

Visit with Chancellor CheekJoin us in April and enter the gates of Augusta National and be witness to one of the United States’ premier sporting events—the Masters golf tournament. This invitation-only event is unique among golf’s major championships. Behold the blooming azaleas and dogwoods of Augusta National, and hold your breath as golfers aim for the greens on Amen Corner.
+ read more

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html