From: Jan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 18, 2013 3:40 PM
To: "Bruce, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>, "Francisco, Linda Burton" <[log in to unmask]>, "Amy Paganelli ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>, "Dunne, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>, "Alston, Chandra D" <[log in to unmask]>, "Peterson, Cynthia B" <[log in to unmask]>, "Webb, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>, "Belote, David J" <[log in to unmask]>, "Cortez, Ed" <[log in to unmask]>, "Byrd III, William H (Herb)" <[log in to unmask]>, "Jerald Ogg ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>, "Schommer Jr, John" <[log in to unmask]>, "Burns, Judith A (Judy)" <[log in to unmask]>, mrudolp1 <[log in to unmask]>, "Badger, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>, "Howell, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>, "Chyka, Peter Anton" <[log in to unmask]>, Sue Byrd <[log in to unmask]>, "Bess, David T (Todd)" <[log in to unmask]>, "Singarella, Thomas A" <[log in to unmask]>, Ron Tredway <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Becoming a More Productive Writer in 2013

Dear LI colleagues,

I invite you to share the announcement below with your graduate students (or modify it to share with your upper level undergraduates). This is similar to the Columbia BreakWriting listserv the past six years, through which we shared writing tips and encouragement for graduate students who had writing goals during the semester break. This time we’ll distribute messages about twice a month during the academic year. I hope your new semester is off to an exciting and productive start. I looking forward to seeing you in February!

Best,

Jan

 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Dear Graduate Student,

Do you have writing goals for your thesis or dissertation in the new year? Have you resolved to be a more productive writer in 2013? If so, join our community of writers by subscribing to the Productive Writer listserv to receive emails twice a month with advice and strategies for becoming a more productive writer.

Sponsored by the Cornell Graduate School, the Productive Writer is free and open to all, especially graduate students writing papers, proposals, theses, and dissertations. It’s easy to join; just click on this link.

Later this month you will begin receiving messages, every other week, about managing your time for greater writing productivity, reducing distractions, staying motivated, revising and editing, binge writing, communicating with your advisor, dealing with writer’s block , and managing procrastination and perfectionistic tendencies.

We hope you will join us to become a more productive writer in 2013.

Happy New Year!

Jan Allen

Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs

Cornell University Graduate School

350 Caldwell Hall

Ithaca NY 14853-2602

phone: 607.255.7374 fax: 607.255.5822