Hello everyone,
I sent a message to the UTKSIS-L listserv about AERI 2013, but wanted to send here as well, as it pertains specifically to PhD students. If you have an interest in archival science, or a "related" area, like digital or data curation/preservation, you may want to consider AERI 2013, a week-long institute for faculty and PhD students, now in its fifth year. You can read more about here, as well as see the application materials (due Feb. 3, 2013):  http://aeri.gseis.ucla.edu/2013.html

I am also happy to answer any questions about AERI, as I have attended the past two years as a faculty member, or, if you have questions about what other students have gotten out of attending, I am happy to put you in contact with PhD students at other programs who have attended the past several AERIs.

Looking forward to meeting you as I settle into Tennessee!

Cheers,
Carolyn

Carolyn Hank, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor