Please, forgive cross-posting.

Registration for the 2013 ACA@UBC International Symposium is now OPEN!

Be sure to register before Sunday, January 20th, 2013 to take advantage of our Early Bird prices!

Topic: We Shape Our Tools, and Our Tools Shape Us

Where: Frederic Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia

The 5th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, “We Shape Our Tools, and Our Tools Shape Us", will bring together experts in digital forensics, preservation and recordkeeping in order to open a dialogue about the nature of different technologies used along the records lifecycle and the way they have come to influence records creation, maintenance, use and preservation.

The presenters are:

·         Eric Borglund, Mid-Sweden University

·         Bethany Cron, US National Archives and Records Administration

·         Barbara Endicott Popovsky, University of Washington

·         Richard Marciano, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

·         Nancy McGovern, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

·         Bruce Miller, RIMtech, Canada

·         Frank Tompa, University of Waterloo

Please join us in this interdisciplinary dialogue at the 5th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, as we investigate the challenges and opportunities of our professional tools!

For more information, please visit the Symposium website: http://acastudentchapter.sites.olt.ubc.ca/

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at: [log in to unmask].

- ACA @ UBC Executive

Dr. Luciana Duranti

Chair and Professor | Archival Studies

School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies

The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

Phone 604 822 2587 | Fax 604 822 6006

[log in to unmask] I www.slais.ubc.ca |

Director | The InterPARES Project I www.interpares.org I

Director, Centre for the International Study of Records and Archives

www.ciscra.org I www.lucianaduranti.ca I