Dominican University will celebrate the graduation of its first cohort of doctoral students in library and information science at the university's winter commencement ceremony on Saturday, January 12.

"We are very proud of these graduates, each of whom is already a high achiever in the field of librarianship," said Susan Roman, dean of Dominican's Graduate School of Library and Information Science. "We are excited to see the new challenges they take on in their careers with the preparation and knowledge this degree in research has given them."

Please join Dominican University GSLIS in congratulating the following four newly-minted PhDs, listed below with their dissertation titles:

-Elizabeth P. Garcia, "Information Seeking Behaviors of the School Social Worker: What Is the Librarian’s Role in the Practice of Bibliotherapy?"

-Anthony Molaro, "Merging Large and Complex Library Organizations: A Phenomenological Approach to the Lived Experiences of Those Directly Involved"

-Amy Phillips-Haskett, "Framing the Public Library: The Public Perception of the Public Library in the Media"

-Christina Ward, "Fiction in the Young Adult Drug Curriculum: Impacts and Impressions"

Learn more about Dominican's doctoral program in library and information science, including how to apply.

Diane Foote
Assistant Dean
Dominican University GSLIS
7900 W. Division St.