Drexel University Recent MS(LIS) Alumnus Jeff Lambert Selected as a 2013 American Library Association Emerging Leader

The iSchool, College of Information Science and Technology at Drexel University congratulates recent MS(LIS) alumnus Jeff Lambert on being selected by the American Library Association (ALA) as a 2013 Emerging Leader.
 The ALA Emerging Leaders (EL) program is a leadership development program which enables newer library workers from across the country to participate in problem-solving work groups, network with peers, gain an inside look into ALA structure, and have an opportunity to serve the profession in a leadership capacity. It puts participants on the fast track to ALA committee volunteerism as well as other professional library-related organizations.
 Lambert credits his experience in the MS(LIS) program at the iSchool for prepping him for the EL program. "The importance of professional organizations was clearly articulated throughout my coursework at Drexel, starting with my first class in the program with Professor [Linda] Marion," says Lambert. "I represented Drexel as a Student-to-Staff participant at ALA Annual last June [2012], and am excited to continue serving libraries and librarians in my work with the American Library Association."
 During his studies at the iSchool, Lambert also served as president of the Drexel Student Chapter of the American Library Association (SCALA) from 2011 to 2012.
Through the EL program, Lambert was awarded $1,000 in funding from the Pennsylvania Library Association (PLA) to attend both the 2013 ALA Midwinter and ALA Annual Conferences in Seattle and Chicago, respectively.

The EL program will kick off with a daylong session during the 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting. Afterward, it will grow and develop in an online learning and networking environment for six months. The program culminates with a poster session presentation to display the results of the project planning work of each group at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference. Lambert will also be honored with 55 other Emerging Leaders at the Annual Conference.

For more information about the ALA Emerging Leaders program, please visit: http://www.ala.org/educationcareers/leadership/emergingleaders.