In the face of negative messages about the value of the library degree and
the future of the profession, what can we do as library professionals and
educators to send a collective message about recruitment into the
profession and into libraries? Do we have reliable data about jobs and
placements? Do new graduates have the skills to compete successfully in a
turbulent and often tight job market?  What can ALA do to support new
graduates, as well as other job-hunting professionals, in building their
library careers?  Please join us for  focused discussion featuring Amar
Mann of the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, David Connolly the Classified
Advertising Coordinator for ALA, Allyson Evans who is a future graduate,
and Louise Spiteri the Director of Dalhousie University School of
Information Management on *Friday, January 25, 3:30 -5:00 pm at the Grand
Hyatt in the Anderson Ampitheater.* ****

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2012/06/08/the-best-and-worst-masters-degrees-for-jobs-2/2/
****

http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/features/09172012/forbes-folly****