Dear Geographers:

Many thanks to our new colleagfue, Dr. Robert Washington-Allen for sharing news of the internship opportunities below.

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Professor & Head

Department of Geography

University of Tennessee

303 Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37796-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406

http://web.utk.edu/~utkgeog/

*******************
Greetings to all,

I hope you had a great holiday season and a Happy New Years.  Below are details of Internship Opportunities with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). The USDA-NRCS offers great career enhancement opportunities including internships, scholarships, trainings and seminars.  The NRCS provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain, and improve our natural resources and environment.

Please share as you may find appropriate. This is the time of the year where students are looking for a summer internship opportunity and I am sure they will appreciate this information. Have a great day and a successful 2013.

“Be Remarkable, Make a Difference! Join the Natural Resources Conservation Service team and help us conserve our nation's Natural Resources!!” Visit our web site (http://www.nrcs.usda.gov) to learn more.--- USDA-NRCS

Below are some of the internship opportunities available… Please note that there are many, many more available through the USAJOBS website

Florida student internship opportunities

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/333062400?share=email

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Arizona student internship opportunities

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/335221200?share=email

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Kansas student internship opportunities

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/335335900?share=email

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Washington State student internship opportunities

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/334445500?share=email

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Montana student internship opportunities

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/333807200

[cid:[log in to unmask]]