From: Timothy Hawthorne [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:56 PM
To: Horn, Sally P
Subject: [Southeastern]: 2013 Research Experiences for Undergradautes site in Community Geography and GIS at Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA

AAG | Communities | View Discussions | Southeastern
2013 Research Experiences for Undergradautes site in Community Geography and GIS at Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA
Attachment(s):
Message:
This message has been cross posted to the following Discussions: Urban Geography and Southeastern .

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to share an exciting summer research opportunity for undergraduate students.  This summer at Georgia State University in Atlanta, we are pleased to host the second year of our "Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site: Addressing Social and Environmental Disparities through Community Geography and Geographic Information Systems".  The project is funded by the National Science Foundation.  The program runs June 10th - July 25th 2013.   The flier is attached.

Research Interests: Working with faculty mentors in one of three research tracks, selected undergraduates will engage in community-based research and fieldwork to quantitatively and qualitatively examine neighborhood change, property markets, social geographies, air and soil quality, urban green spaces, and neighborhood visioning in partnership with neighborhood residents and community groups in Atlanta, Georgia.

Compensation: Each REU student will receive a competitive funding package, including: a $3000 stipend, up to $250 in travel support to/from Atlanta, up to $750 for conference presentations, free room and most meals at GSU, and 3 required texts.

Application Process: Applications are due Friday, March 1st @ 5 PM EST.  Complete application instructions and the application form can be found at http://csaw.gsu.edu/nsf-reu/application-instructions/

To Learn More:  Visit http://csaw.gsu.edu/nsf-reu/

Any questions can be directed to the Dr. Timothy Hawthorne (PI) at [log in to unmask] or Dr. Katherine Hankins (Co-PI) at [log in to unmask]

Please feel free to share with interested students and your professional networks.

Timothy Hawthorne
Georgia State University
Discussion Home
Reply to Discussion
Reply to Sender
Post Message
Forward Message
Print Message
Author's Messages
My Subscriptions
You are currently subscribed to aag_southeasternhtrt as: [log in to unmask] To change your subscription options (or unsubscribe), go to: My Subscriptions and update your preferences.