Jan/Feb 2013 Employee and Organizational Development

If you have difficulty viewing this e-mail, view as webpage.

[log in to unmask]" alt="system template">

Training Pages now available!

The newest issue of EOD's training course catalog, Training Pages, is now available online with course listings for January through June.

Registration is now open. Employees interested in a variety of supervisory, management, and personal development classes can take advantage of this service by viewing a PDF version of Training Pages available on our website.

EOD encourages managers and supervisors to share the catalog with employees who may not have access to e-mail, by printing and posting the catalog in a communal area or sharing copies directly with employees.

Training is available for registration online or by phone at (865) 974-6657. Classes will fill up fast, so be sure to register soon!

Fast-Track Supervisory Seminar

Our all-day supervisory/managerial seminar returns this spring! Registration is now open for our Fast-Track Supervisory Seminar on March 7, 2013!

EOD's newest event, the Fast-Track Supervisory Seminar provides condensed sessions of courses that deal with crucial supervisory skills and topics.

This seminar is designed specifically for those who serve in supervisory/management roles. You must supervise regular employees to be eligible.
When: Thursday, March 7, 8:30-4:30
Where: Shiloh Room, University Center
Who: Current UT supervisors and managers of regular employees
How: Register online or by phone at (865) 974-6657
Cost: $60*

*This event has a ten-business day cancellation policy. The fee will be charged if the participant cancels less than ten (10) business days before the first date of the seminar.

The Professional Development Conference for Women returns April 18!

One of our most popular conferences, the Professional Development Conference for Women, returns on Thursday, April 18! This exciting learning opportunity is designed to provide tools to enhance your professional and personal effectiveness. Don't miss this valuable and fun professional development experience!

When: Thursday, April 18, from 8:00-4:00
Where: 4th floor, Conference Center Building, Knoxville, TN
How: Register online or by phone at (865) 974-6657
Cost: $95*, which includes snacks, lunch, materials, and parking

*This event has a ten-business day cancellation policy. The fee will be charged if the participant cancels less than ten (10) business days before the first date of the seminar.

Find out more about the Professional Development Conference for Women

Spotlight on departmental training: Facilities Services

In December 2012, 39 supervisors from the Facilities Services department participated in EOD supervisory training tailored to the specific needs of the Facilities function at UTK. Approximately half of the participants are newly appointed supervisors. To enhance the learning experience, the training used practical scenarios and group discussion customized to reflect the real situations a Facilities supervisor might face in daily operations. Subsequent training for these intact groups of supervisors is scheduled through the first half of 2013, culminating in what EOD expects to be the first intact workgroup completion of the 33-hour Introduction to Supervision certification, one of EOD's four certification programs.

Does this sound like just the thing your department needs? Could your team benefit from customized training solutions? EOD provides training in a variety of topics, from Emotional Intelligence to Business Etiquette to Improving Employee Conduct, and we offer four certification programs--Communication, Customer Service, Introduction to Supervision, and Leading at UT. Our services are available to all UT departments, and depending on the needs of your team, we can customize our training to fit the unique experiences of your department.

Interested in EOD training delivered directly to your department? Please contact EOD director Ron Tredway at (865) 974-0807.

Only 3 dates left for Knoxville-area Performance Review training

It's the time of year for performance reviews!

We have only three training dates left, so please be sure to register soon! Training for this popular and important topic is filling up fast.

January 30, 9:00-10:30 – Shiloh room, University Center
February 19, 9:00-10:30 – 221 University Center
March 6, 1:30-3:00 – Shiloh Room, University Center

Performance review summary forms are due between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013.

Registration for the Knoxville-area training is available on the EOD website or by phone at (865) 974-6657. Please contact your campus HR office for training at your location.

Please visit the Performance Review website to find out more information, download helpful documents, and access our online training.

Don't forget your Seven Habits!

Our most popular program, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, is back starting January 24, 2013! Be sure to register soon--seats fill up fast!

When: January 24, January 31, and February 7 (all three days); 8:30-4:30
Where: 238 Conference Center Building
Cost: $269*

*This seminar has a ten-business day cancellation policy. The course fee will be charged if the participant cancels less than ten (10) business days before the first date of the seminar.

**For all participants, the entire course fee will be charged to the participant's department through an IRIS internal transfer following the January 24 training date.

Please register by phone at (865) 974-6657 or online.

Learn more about Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

Like what you see? Please forward this email to your colleagues!

If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, please unsubscribe.

Learn more about all of our services and events on our website, http://humanresources.tennessee.edu/eod.

[log in to unmask]" alt="EOD">
January & February 2013

Upcoming Training Classes:

Register for a Class!

Building Conflict Management Skills
January 15
9:00-12:00
238 Conference Center Building

Introduction to Supervision (prerequisite to Introduction to Supervision certification)
January 16
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Access 2010 Level 1, $75
January 15-16
8:30-12:30
219 Conference Center Building

Introduction to Communication (prerequisite to Communication certification)
January 17
9:00-11:00
218 Conference Center Building

Every Customer is an Opportunity: Approaching Difficult Customers
January 17
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Customer Service 101 (prerequisite to Customer Service certification)
January 23
9:00-11:00
238 Conference Center Building

Community Response to an Active Shooter
January 24
12:00-1:00
221 University Center

Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
January 24, January 31, February 7 (3 days)
8:30-4:30
238 Conference Center Building
$269

Word 2010 Level 1, $75
January 24-25
8:30-12:30
219 Conference Center Building

Safe Zone: Empowering LGBT Allies
January 25
9:00-12:00
Black Cultural Center

HR Practices
Janary 29
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Performance Review
January 30
9:00-10:30
Shiloh Room, University Center

Contracts Fiscal Policy - NEW!
January 31
8:30-11:30
220 University Center

Access 2010 Level 2, $75
February 5-6
12:30-4:30
219 Conference Center Building

Working Effectively with Difficult People
February 5
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Fundamentals of Outstanding Customer Service
February 6
8:30-11:30
218 Conference Center Building

PowerPoint 2010 Level 1, $75
February 7-8
8:30-12:30
219 Conference Center Building

Dealing with Employee Leave Issues
February 7
8:30-11:30
218 Conference Center Building

Word 2010 Level 2, $75
February 12-13
12:30-4:30
219 Conference Center Building

Understanding Some of the Most Common Hidden Disabilities
February 12
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Using PowerPoint Effectively - NEW!
February 13
11:30-1:00
218 Conference Center Building

Mail Merge, $50
February 14
8:30-11:30
219 Conference Center Building

What's Your P.O.? How to Develop Your Levels of Patience & Optimism
February 14
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Workers' Compensation
February 15
9:00-12:00
238 Conference Center Building

Photoshop CS4, $75
February 19-20
12:30-4:30
219 Conference Center Building

Performance Review
February 19
9:00-10:30
221 University Center

CAP Information Session
February 19
9:00-11:00
218 Conference Center Building

Fire Safety and Emergency Management 101- NEW!
February 20
9:00-11:00
218 Conference Center Building

Business Communications for Every Day
February 20
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Dreamweaver CS4 Level 1, $75
February 21-22
8:30-12:30
219 Conference Center Building

2020 Vision: Time to Take Stock - NEW!
February 21
11:30-1:00
221 University Center

Leading at UT (Prerequisite to Leading at UT certification)
February 22
8:30-11:30
218 Conference Center Building

Giving and Receiving Feedback
February 26
8:30-11:30
218 Conference Center Building

Effective Presentation Skills
February 27
9:00-12:00
238 Conference Center Building

Contracts Fiscal Policy - NEW!
February 27
8:30-11:30
220 University Center

Rebounding from Challenging Customer Service Situations
February 28
8:30-11:30
238 Conference Center Building

Safe Zone: Empowering LGBT Allies