Dear Colleagues:

As we near the end of the term, you may enjoy these features on two of our faculty members in different University of British Columbia publications.

Professor Judith Saltman, who chairs our multidisciplinary Master of Arts in Children’s Literature degree program, offers her thoughts on young adult fiction and its appeal in an interview feature in the December 2012 edition of UBC Reports, a publication for the 50,000 members of the UBC Community, as well as the wider community in Vancouver and British Columbia.

Assistant Professor Eric Meyers is interviewed The Changing Library, a feature that examines how libraries are positioning themselves by focusing on services, spaces and technology as well as content. The article in published in the fall/winter edition of Trek Magazine, published and delivered to UBC alumni.

Both publications are available in print and online. In case the embedded links don’t work, here are the direct URLs for these two features:

http://trekmagazine.alumni.ubc.ca/2012/fallwinter-2012/features/the-changing-library/

 http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/2012/12/05/teen-fiction-a-turn-on-for-adults-too/

Best,

Michelle Mallette

--

Michelle Mallette MLIS

Student Services Coordinator | School of Library, Archival & Information Studies

The iSchool at The University of British Columbia | Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

470 – 1961 East Mall, Vancouver BC Canada V6T 1Z1

e: [log in to unmask]  | t: 604.822.2461 (direct) | skype: mmallette.ubc

www.slais.ubc.ca  | www.facebook.com/UBC.iSchool | @ubcischool

Applying to SLAIS? Join our virtual admissions open house.