Hello, all. In addition to our youth services vacancy in our LIS program, our Educational Technology program has an opening. Please feel free to forward the announcement to others. The text of the ad is reproduced below.

Thanks!

-Denice Adkins, University of Missouri

---

UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION

Tenure Track Faculty Position in Learning Systems Design & Development,

Assistant or Associate Professor Rank

School of Information Science & Learning Technologies

http://sislt.missouri.edu

The University of Missouri (MU) College of Education is dynamically growing and changing. We are searching for individuals to join our team who share our commitment to research, teaching excellence, exceptional service to students and continuous quality improvement in an environment of civility and respect. The School of Information Science & Learning Technologies (SISLT) seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level in Learning Systems Design & Development. The primary focus of the position is the design, development and research of innovative online learning systems. The new faculty hire will have an opportunity to work collaboratively with other faculty and graduate students in the creation of new forms of human-computer interaction that advance learning management systems as well as support innovative gaming, social, mobile and cloud platforms for learning and performance.

Qualifications: Doctorate in a field related to Learning Technologies by the time of appointment; high level of competence and demonstrated success in advancing and researching innovative learning systems; the ability to secure external funding for research; and ability to teach and advise graduate students at the master’s and doctoral levels. Preference will be given to candidates who can advise doctoral students at the time of appointment or soon thereafter.

About SISLT and the College: SISLT is one of five academic units within the College of Education. The School offers master’s and Ed.S. programs in Educational Technology and Library Science and a Ph.D. program in Information Science and Learning Technologies. The MU College of Education has approximately 1,300 undergraduate students, 1,600 graduate students, 88 tenure-track faculty members and ranks No. 58 in the nation among colleges and schools of education by U.S. News & World Report.

About MU: MU, the flagship institution in the University of Missouri System, has nearly 34,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is a member of the American Association of Universities, a state land grant institution and a RU/VH: Research University (very high research activity) as designated by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.

Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.

Appointment: Tenure-track, nine-month appointment beginning September 1, 2013

To Apply: Apply on-line at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php.  Upload (a) a letter of application in which candidates describe in detail their qualifications for the position, (b) evidence of scholarly quality and productivity, (c) evidence of teaching effectiveness (course syllabi, student evaluations, chair/advisor/peer reviews) (d) evidence of experiences in generating external funding, and (e) names and contact information for three reference in the Attachments section of the application.  Your CV must be uploaded in the Resume/CV and Cover Letter section.

Please contact Dr. Joi Moore, Search Committee Chair, [log in to unmask] or 573-884-2797 for questions about the position.

Beginning Review Date: Formal review of applications will begin January 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities and disabled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. To request ADA accommodations, please contact the Dean’s Office at

573-884-7717.