(Please excuse cross-posting)

*Simmons GSLIS Continuing Education*

Apps4Librarians: Become an Expert in Mobile Apps for iPhones, iPads, and
Other iOS Devices <http://alanis.simmons.edu/ceweb/workshop.php?id=42>  with
Nicole Hennig

Online (asynchronous)

$275 (Simmons GSLIS Alumni Price $220)

January 3 - February 13, 2013

(Please note: This is a six-week workshop)

PDPs: 25

Smartphones are everywhere and there is an explosion of apps for
productivity, research, reading, and studying. Librarians can better serve
their communities by having expertise in mobile technologies.

Take this course to learn about the best apps for library users, including
Evernote, Dropbox, Instapaper, iBooks, Kindle, and GoodReader.

What you'll learn:

    You will see how mobile apps help you work, study, read, and create.

    Get up to speed quickly: watch video demos and follow along on your own
mobile device.

    Join a community of librarians and discuss what the explosion of mobile
apps means for users, libraries, and society.

    Get access to a wealth of materials during and after the course.

    Become an expert for your own community.

    Have fun!

Each week we focus on a category, such as e-reading, productivity, research,
or multimedia. The course combines video lectures, reading, discussion, and
hands-on experience. We also discuss the future of apps vs. mobile web, and
using apps for content creation.

To participate, you need an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Students write
their own reviews or make videos to share with the class. By the end you
will have enough material to offer a workshop for your library users or
staff.

For our Winter/Spring/Summer schedule, additional information, or to
register see http://gslis.simmons.edu/ce or contact

For mobile access see  <http://alanis.simmons.edu/ceweb/m/>
http://alanis.simmons.edu/ceweb/m/

Please note: While we try to be as accurate as we can be with our workshop
descriptions, please contact GSLIS CE or the workshop instructor to ensure
that the class meets your expectations for content, format, rigor, etc.

Kris Liberman LIS '87
Program Manager, Continuing Education
Simmons College | 300 The Fenway | Boston, MA 02115
office 617.521.2803 | fax 617.521.3192

email [log in to unmask]