From: Dendroprincess [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 3:35 PM
To: Shaw, Shih-Lung; Ralston, Bruce Arthur
Subject: GIS career info, from a former student

I thought you may want to pass info along to your GIS students...

Shortly after I received my MS in Geography from UTK, I moved to Houston to join my now-husband.  We both work for ExxonMobil Exploration Company.  He's a geologist; I'm a geoscience technician ("GeoTech").  Mostly, I use ArcGIS and Petrel. I digitize, make maps, move/manage data, support geologists in their applications, and lots of other things.  There are great benefits and it's easy to do well here.  Salaries in oil and gas are much higher than other industries.  We are the best in our field because of our commitment to safety, integrity, and excellence.

ExxonMobil is always looking for people with GIS experience. We don't recruit outside Texas for them though.  In recent years, we have been hiring Texas grads with BS in Geology.  We are really looking for people with geology background (example, a minor) with GIS degree/experience right now.

To apply, see url below, search for "university student seeking full time position," look on list for " Tennessee, University of - other," and submit resume to folder.  New applicants must create a login.
Apply:
https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_home.asp?partnerid=6961&siteid=90

More info:
http://www.exxonmobil.com/USA-English/HR/careers_campus_bachmast_geo.aspx