At some point in the last two weeks, the large orange 2mx12m roll up mats
were removed from the storage closet in HPER. To this point, club sports has
been unable to determine where they are. They will be filing a police report
and opening an official investigation. Hopefully it will lead to recovery of
the mats and possibly felony grand theft charges if they are not voluntarily
returned, since the value of these mats is in the thousands of dollars. If
anyone has information about these mats or where they have gone, please
contact me immediately, or if you prefer, Carrie in the club sports office
or the UT Police.  These mats are a critical part of the setup for our
annual tournament, which is the martial arts club's primary fund raising
activity. If we cannot locate them by next week, we are going to have to
drive to Charlotte or Atlanta on Friday to load and truck mats back for our
tournament Saturday, and spend Sunday driving them back to the point of
origin.

Also, as always, we really would appreciate any and all volunteers for setup
on Friday the 16th from 5:30-8pm (or when we finish) and tournament workers
and breakdown volunteers for Saturday the 17th, approximately 9am-7pm. Even
if you can only make it for partial hours, we would really appreciate the
help. Historically, this tournament has been a great success for all of us
and we've relied heavily on the participation of all of the disciplines to
make that happen. Please contact Angela Dautartas <[log in to unmask]> to let
her know if/when you can volunteer. Instructors, I would appreciate it
greatly if you could gather support for our event in your respective
classes.

Thanks for your help,
Mike Takata