The Information Institute at UT Austin’s School of Information

Professional Development Courses

The School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin proudly announces the launch of The Information Institute, a professional development resource offering courses in a wide range of information topics.

Six courses are currently accepting enrollment:

·         Business Research Tactics and Sources, Jan 7-9 2013, 2.5-day course

·         Assessing the Impact of Projects and Programs, Jan 9-11 2013, 2.5-day course

·         IT Security Metrics, Feb 9 2013, half-day course

·         Crowdsourcing and Crowd Computing, Feb 16 2013, half-day course

·         Big Data, Data Science, and Strategic Thinking for the New Web, March 13-15 and May 15-17, 2013, 2.5-day course

·         Doing Business with Open Source, April 19-21 2013, 2.5-day course

Upcoming courses will cover such topics as project team management, leadership, and usability. We would be delighted to talk to you about tailoring courses for on-site delivery at your organization to best meet your needs.

In our Information Institute, our acclaimed faculty works with industry experts to design and teach short courses that balance theory and practice so that you can apply the skills you learn today in your job tomorrow based on the latest knowledge in the field. By learning in the company of other professionals, you'll get an opportunity to network and meet new people whose experiences and input are sure to contribute to your success.

Enroll today at https://infoinstitute.utexas.edu/ or contact [log in to unmask]  to discuss a specific need for a course or a certificate program within your organization.

Diane E. Bailey

Assistant Professor and

Director, Information Institute