Please, forgive cross-posting.

Save the date: February 8, 2013

Hosted by: ACA @ UBC International Symposium

Topic: We Shape Our Tools, and Our Tools Shape Us

Where: Frederic Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia

The 5th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, "We Shape Our Tools, and Our
Tools Shape Us", will bring together experts in digital forensics,
preservation and recordkeeping in order to open a dialogue about the nature
of different technologies used along the records lifecycle and the way they
have come to influence records creation, maintenance, use and preservation.

The presenters are:

.         Eric Borglund, Mid-Sweden University

.         Bethany Cron, US National Archives and Records Administration

.         Barbara Endicott Popovsky, University of Washington

.         Richard Marciano, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

.         Nancy McGovern, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

.         Bruce Miller, RIMtech, Canada

.         Frank Tompa, University of Waterloo

Registration will open in December! Be sure to keep an eye out for further
updates on early bird registration specials, Symposium program, and
presentations abstracts! For more information, please visit the Symposium
website:  <http://acastudentchapter.sites.olt.ubc.ca/>
http://acastudentchapter.sites.olt.ubc.ca/

Please join us in this interdisciplinary dialogue at the 5th Annual ACA@UBC
International Symposium, as we investigate the challenges and opportunities
of our professional tools!

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us
at:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

ACA @ UBC Executive

Dr. Luciana Duranti

Chair and Professor | Archival Studies

School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies

The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

470-1961 East Mall East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

Phone 604 822 2587 | Fax 604 822 6006

[log in to unmask] | www.slais.ubc.ca <http://www.slais.ubc.ca/>  |

Director | The InterPARES Project | www.interpares.org
<http://www.interpares.org/>  I

Director I Centre for the International Study of Contemporary Records and
Archives

www.ciscra.org <http://www.ciscra.org/>  | www.lucianaduranti.ca
<http://www.lucianaduranti.ca/>  |