Hello Library School history folks - sharing a bit of library history from
Pratt -

As you can see from the ALA list that Nancy Poole points to - Pratt
Institute's accreditation dates from the first year of ALA accreditation
(1924/1925) and has been continuously accredited since. The library school
was housed in the Pratt Free Library which served the Pratt community but
was also open to the general public and was thus the first public library in
Brooklyn and predates NYPL. Significantly, Pratt's library school was
founded not long after Columbia's making it today the oldest in the US. It's
first director, Mary Wright Plummer
(http://www.unc.edu/~bflorenc/libraryladies/plummer.html was passionate
about children's books and her student at Pratt, Anne Carroll Moore, became
the first children's librarian at NYPL serving in that position for 35 years
(1906-1941). http://kids.nypl.org/parents/ocs_centennial_acm.cfm

Tula Giannini, PhD, MLS, MM
Dean and Professor
Pratt, School of Information & Library Science
144 West 14th Street 6th fl.
New York, NY 10011
212-647-7682
 <http://pratt.edu/~giannini> http://pratt.edu/~giannini