Subject: Re: History: MLS, MIS, MS, etc (fwd)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:15:26 -0500
From: Gretchen Whitney <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:27:17 -0500
From: B.G. Sloan <[log in to unmask]>

Well, one reason why "a Bachelors would not suffice" is because the
American Library Association says so. See the following:    Q: What is the
appropriate degree to be a professional librarian? A: ALA policy 54.2
states: "The master's degree from a program accredited by the American
Library Association (or from a master's level program in library and
information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate national
body of another country) is the appropriate professional degree for
librarians."   Source:
http://www.ala.org/accreditedprograms/faq#appropriate_degree_for_librarian
  Bernie Sloan