Geographers,

FYI

Derek Alderman

************

The UTK Food Policy Council is having an exciting seminar next Thursday (November 15th) featuring Fiona McAnally on the importance of heirloom seeds both in our agricultural systems and in our heritage.  Fiona McAnally has recently finished her thesis on  heirloom seeds in East Tennessee in which she had interviewed growers of Appalachia about the varieties of heirloom seeds they've saved as well as the oral history that attend them.  This event is free and open to both students and the public.  This seminar will be held in Hodges Library room 129 at 7 PM, Thursday November 15th.

This event is held by the UTK Food Policy Council:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/285787701491270/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Event Page (appropriately titled, “An Awesome Speaker”):

http://www.facebook.com/events/407044389366837/