From: <Vickers>, Andrew Marvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, October 22, 2012 11:44 AM
To: "Cortez, Ed" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Ed Zotti, Editor of Cecil Adams' "The Straight Dope" Coming to UTK Wednesday!

Dr. Cortez,

My name is Andy Vickers and I am Chair of the Central Program Council's Issues Committee. I wanted to reach out to you this morning to let you know that Ed Zotti, Editor of The Straight Dope and Confidante to Cecil Adams will be on campus to speak on research and writing in the age of Wikipedia this Wednesday, October 24th at 7:00 p.m. in the UC Auditorium.

From our press release,  The Straight Dope has been a syndicated column since 1973, written with the intention to “fight ignorance” and now appears in over thirty papers, and has even been published into two books.  As department head for Information Sciences, I was hoping you could pass this on to students or staff you think might be interested.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or our advisor, Marie Hartke, at [log in to unmask].

Thank you,
Andy Vickers
The University of Tennessee Knoxville
College of Business Administration
Student Assistant, UTK Transportation Services
Chair, CPC Issues Committee

(931) 265-4904