Happy October!

In the midst of a busy semester, we offer you a brief respite. What could be a better break from studying than considering the art of the book? This month, GSLIS student Hannah Gomez interviewed best-selling author Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler’s Wife) and artist Jody Alexander ’92LS about their experiences with books as inspiration and material for visual art. Visit the InfoLink webpage to download the full issue:  http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/news/publications/infolink/index.php

Also in this issue:

* Meet Adjunct Professor Ben Florin ’08LS, programmer and world traveler.

* GSLIS alum Cheryl Kohen ’06LS gives some insight about what to expect your first week at a new job.

* Meet the New Ph.D. Cohort, representing a diverse array of backgrounds and expertise.

* In our new Faculty Research column, learn about Assistant Professor Kathy Wisser’s work with archives and 19th-century social libraries.

* Read about upcoming events and learn about what faculty, staff, and students have been up to.

For upcoming events, visit: http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/news/calendar/index.php.

If you have any questions or comments (including a request to be added to or removed from the distribution list) please do not hesitate to be in touch with us at [log in to unmask].

My best,
Jennifer Doyle

Director of Curriculum and Communications
Simmons GSLIS

For more GSLIS News click here: http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/news/news/index.php

Jennifer Doyle '98LS
Director of GSLIS Curriculum and Communications
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
www.simmons.edu/gslis