In the midst of a busy semester, we offer you a brief respite. What could be a better break from studying than considering the art of the book? This month, GSLIS student Hannah Gomez interviewed best-selling author Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Travelerís Wife
) and artist Jody Alexander í92LS about their experiences with books as inspiration and material for visual art. Visit the InfoLink webpage to download the full issue: http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/news/publications/infolink/index.php
Also in this issue:
* Meet Adjunct Professor Ben Florin í08LS, programmer and world traveler.
* GSLIS alum Cheryl Kohen í06LS gives some insight about what to expect your first week at a new job.
* Meet the New Ph.D. Cohort, representing a diverse array of backgrounds and expertise.
* In our new Faculty Research column, learn about Assistant Professor Kathy Wisserís work with archives and 19th-century social libraries.
* Read about upcoming events and learn about what faculty, staff, and students have been up to.
If you have any questions or comments (including a request to be added to or removed from the distribution list) please do not hesitate to be in touch with us at [log in to unmask]
Director of Curriculum and Communications
Jennifer Doyle '98LS
Director of GSLIS Curriculum and Communications
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
[log in to unmask]