Simmons GSLIS invites applicants and nominations for a full-time open-rank tenure-track position to begin July 1, 2013.

We seek faculty who conduct research and teach in the area where technology and information organization converge. Knowledge specialties may include, but are not limited to, the following:

* semantic web and linked data technologies (e.g., RDF, RDFS, OWL, SKOS, microdata, other XML-based technologies)

* metadata (including ontology, taxonomy, and schema development; knowledge organization systems; socially-constructed metadata)

* social media technologies and management

* discovery interfaces, faceted navigation tools, mobile apps, web-scale information systems

The faculty may also teach in the core curriculum as needed.

Consideration of applications will begin on November 15, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.

The position has been posted to: https://jobs.simmons.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51831.

We will be at ASIS&T and ALISE (and probably lots of other places as well).

Candy
Candy Schwartz