Hi,

I’m a PhD student at Nanyang Technological University doing research in automatic summarization, supervised by Drs. Chris Khoo and Na Jin Cheon.

I’m looking for assessors to evaluate three types of summaries of research papers -- as part of my PhD project. The assessors should be PhD candidates, researchers or faculty in LIS or Computer Science. (PhD candidates should have passed their qualifying exams or proposal defense.)

*The task*
The task is to evaluate the quality of three summaries of research papers on a particular topic from JASIST, J. Doc. & JIS. Each task will take about 30 min.; each assessor will be requested to do 3 tasks (1.5 to 2 hours altogether).

*Payment*
I can offer a token payment of US$20 for the 3 tasks, to be paid to the assessor’s Paypal account after receipt of the evaluations.

*The topics*
The summaries are on the following topics. You can indicate 3 topics as your preference – though I can’t promise to assign you the topics of your choice.
- Attribution theory
- Citation analysis
- Collaborative filtering
- Creativity
- Digital library users
- Indexing
- Information architecture
- Information kiosks
- Information needs
- Information retrieval
- Interfaces
- Internet
- Journal usage
- Knowledge sharing
- Language translation
- Recommender systems
- Relevance
- Searchers, Searcher behaviour
- Taxonomy
- User behaviour
- Web searching
If you are able to help me with the evaluation, please drop an email to [log in to unmask] with some background information about yourself. The research results will be anonymized in any publication, and the identity of the assessors and their background information will be kept strictly confidential and will be available only to me and my supervisors.

Thanks!
Kokil Jaidka