OU SLIS invites applicants and nominations for a full-time open-rank tenure-track position to begin August 15, 2013.

We are seeking a faculty member whose research interests and teaching abilities are related to one or more of the following areas: information retrieval technologies on the Web, data or text mining, information representation and/or visualization, organization of large datasets for discovery and re-use. Interest in e-science data curation, health and/or social/community informatics with an emphasis in information retrieval aspects will be given additional consideration.

Consideration of applications will begin on immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

Search committee co-chairs, June Abbas and Cecelia Brown, and several other OU SLIS faculty members, will be attending the ASIS&T Annual Meeting in Baltimore later this month and will be happy to meet with interested individuals. If you would like to set up a time to meet with us to learn more about OU SLIS and this position please contact Jenifer Fryar ([log in to unmask]).  If you will not be attending ASIS&T and are interested in the position, we will also be meeting with prospective candidates at the ALISE Annual Meeting in Seattle in January.

The full position announcement is available on our website at:
http://slis.ou.edu/asst-prof-search

Sincerely:

June Abbas, Associate Professor & Cecelia Brown, Professor and Director
Search Committee Co-Chairs
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Oklahoma

Norman, where OU is located, has been ranked among the best places to live in numerous surveys. It has a vibrant art and cultural community, is very affordable, and is located close to major cities. The campus is beautifully landscaped, is one of the most wired in the nation, and boasts of many top-ranked academic and athletic programs.”

The University of Oklahoma is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

OU-SLIS
Connecting People to Information Since 1929
401 W Brooks, Room 120
Norman, OK  73019-6032
Voice: 405.325.3921
FAX: 405.325.7648