---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:49:31 -0400
From: Caroline Haythornthwaite <[log in to unmask]>
ALISE CV and Portfolio Review -- call for faculty volunteers

Colleagues,

I am organizing the review of CVs / Portfolios to take place at ALISE (in
Seattle). I am looking for faculty who are willing to spend 30 minutes at
ALISE with individuals to give feedback on their CVs. I imagine giving
feedback on how well the CV presents the applicant for a job, how you
would view their CV if they were applying at your school, and general
advice about how their current achievements situate them in terms of
getting a first job, getting tenure, etc. I would expect that discussions
would also touch on job hunting, interviewing, and career advice.

I will try to get CVs sent to you ahead of time, and to assign individuals
to you who seem a good fit. However, I hear there are likely to be
drop-ins as well, so be prepared to receive last minute requests.

The session is planned for Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 from 1-4pm.

Please let me know you are interested by sending me an email.

Thanks.

/Caroline

Caroline Haythornthwaite
Director and Professor