Rec'd w/technical glitch.  --gw

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:54:40 -0400
From: Seungwon Yang <[log in to unmask]>
To: Gretchen Whitney <[log in to unmask]>
Dear JESSE members,

My name is Seungwon Yang, a PhD student in the Dept. of Computer Science,
Virginia Tech.   I would like to recruit about 5 study participants, who would
like to help with labeling keywords (or topics) for 30 textual documents
(mainly extracted text of news articles about a disaster). All the
communications/conducting study are done online.

The results from five completed tasks are used to compute inter-indexer
consistency values among humans, and also to evaluate an automatic topic
labeling algorithm's performance against human indexers.

Upon completion of the tasks, $30 Amazon gift card is provided as compensation.
For more information such as example documents, please see:
---------------------------------------
(1) Recruitment letter
http://spare05.dlib.vt.edu/~seungwon/RecruitmentLetter.pdf

(2) Study abstract
http://spare05.dlib.vt.edu/~seungwon/StudyAbstract.pdf

If you are interested in participation or have a question, please email me at
<[log in to unmask]>. Thank you very much,

Sincerely, Seungwon Yang
PhD student
Dept. of Computer Science
Virginia Tech