Dear UTK Geographers:

It is my pleasure to share some good news.

Dr. Robert Washington-Allen will be joining the Department of Geography as a new faculty member in January of 2013.  Some of you may remember his visit to campus last academic year.  He is an especially valuable addition to our community in light of his expertise in remote sensing, landscape ecology, physical geography, environmental modeling, and soil-vegetation relationships.

Finally, please also join me in thanking former Dept. Head Carol Harden and Ms. Pam Sharpe for their hard work during the search and offer process.

Once Dr. Washington-Allen arrives in the Knoxville area, we will hold an official departmental welcome.  Stay tuned.

Best wishes,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Professor & Head