Hello SIS faculty and doc students.

On Friday 9/28 UT is hosting several doctoral candidates from around the country for a special Future Faculty program.  Three of these candidates are in IS and will be with us from 1:30 –3 PM to share their research agendas and join us in a discussion of their work, our discipline and the future of IS.  Each of these candidates is nearing the completion of doctoral studies and they are from Syracuse University and the University of Washington.

We would like to have a strong showing from our SIS community at this event.  I am asking faculty and doctoral students to put it on their calendar and attend.  This is particularly important for doctoral students since this is a chance for you to learn what it is like to visit another school.

This is the same day as our SIS Advisory Board meeting.  As faculty we can leave this event to join the Advisory Board for their report out!

Here are the key facts:
WHAT: Future Faculty Visitors Presentations & Discussion
WHEN: Friday, Sept 28. 1:30-3 PM
WHERE: SIS Conference Room

P.S.  And there will be some afternoon treats too :)

Doc students – Please RSVP since I need to be sure there are at least four of you present and more is better!

*************************************
Suzie Allard, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Associate Director
School of Information Sciences
College of Communication & Information
The University of Tennessee
453 Communication Building