Dear JESSE friends, at SLIS, University of South Carolina, we are considering the idea of a writing retreat for our doc students.  Pre-planning has us thinking about involving all the docs, at pre-proposal, proposal, and dissertation stages, in an event that will take them from campus to a retreat site where they will spend concentrated hunks of time writing and receiving feedback.

Have any of you participated in such a retreat either as student writers or faculty facilitators?  If so, what would you advise us to include in our planning?

Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Thanks.

Chuck Curran
803 777 6632