*Sent: 9-14-12
*

*Contact: Michelle Hines, 336.**334.3207*

http://ure.uncg.edu/prod/news/releases/uncg-offers-library-masters-online/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uncg-offers-library-masters-online
*
*

*
*

*UNCG offers library/information studies master's online*

*GREENSBORO, NC -* The Department of Library and Information Studies (LIS)
in the UNCG School of Education is now offering its Master of Library and
Information Studies (MLIS) degree online. The fully online MLIS complements
the face-to-face program on the UNCG campus.

The 36-credit hour MLIS, accredited by the American Library Association and
the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, can be
completed full-time in four semesters and prepares graduates for careers in
public, academic, school, corporate and specialized libraries as well as
other information settings locally, nationally and internationally. The
MLIS-School Library Media Specialization is nationally reviewed and
recognized by the American Association of School Librarians as a program in
the School of Education, which is accredited by the National Council for
Accreditation of Teacher Education.

Online students have access to Education Hubs (e-Hubs), a unique component
of the online MLIS degree program where LIS staff/faculty connect virtually
and/or face-to-face with potential and current students, alumni and
professionals.  For example, through the e-Hub in Charlotte, students in
the local area have access to professional development and networking
opportunities, the Distance Education Coordinator and local instructors.

“Online delivery of our MLIS is not just an opportunity to provide our
quality program beyond our geographic area,” says department chairperson
Clara M. Chu. “Through e-Hubs our online students will have the same
opportunities as those on the Greensboro campus to connect and learn with
our extensive professional and academic network.”

To learn more about the online MLIS, visit lis.uncg.edu, download a
brochure at http://learnmore.uncg.edu/mlis-brochure-download/ or email