The following message is sent on behalf of Dr. Gary Marchionini, Dean of the School of Information and Library Science and Cary C. Boshamer Distinguished Professor. Please share this message with your doctoral candidates/graduates or others who may have interest as appropriate.

Dear Colleagues:

The School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is currently recruiting for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank. We are looking for a new colleague to add to our strength in the traditional areas of librarianship such as information resources and reference services, user education, collection development, management, assessment and evidence-based practice, organization of materials, and scholarly communication. A Ph.D. is required and professional experience in libraries and related settings will be considered an asset.  Although this faculty position would not begin until July 1, 2013 we hope to fill the position before the end of the fall 2012 semester.  Review of applications starts on October 1st with interviews beginning in November. Since we do not plan to interview for this position at ALISE, it is essential that interested individuals apply soon.

If you have a promising doctoral student who is near completion or if you know of a talented new Ph.D. graduate who might be interested in the position, I would appreciate it if you would encourage them to apply as soon as possible.  More information about the position may be found at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/6198.  If they have questions, have them please contact Susan Sylvester ([log in to unmask]).

Many thanks,

Gary

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer.

Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.

Wanda Monroe

Director of Communications

School of Information and Library Science

108 Manning Hall, CB#3360

Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3360

919.843.8337

Follow us on Twitter at: UNCSILS