iDEAL (information, Diversity, Engagement, Access and Libraries) Summit,  Information Literacy Across the Lifespan, November 10, 2012

We would like to invite you to attend and participate in the 4th Annual iDEAL Summit, Information Literacy Across the Lifespan, at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro on Saturday, November 10, 2012  from 1:00 – 5:00 pm.  This conference will explore information literacy theory and instructional practice in a variety of information organizations and examine approaches for addressing the needs of users at all stages of life.

Registration for the conference is free.  You can register to attend at Registration.  Registration must be submitted by November 5th, 2012.  Additional information is available on the UNCG LIS website at http://lis.uncg.edu/academic-programs/diversity-and-community/.

The keynote Cora Paul Bomar lecture will be presented by Lisa Hinchliffe, Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe is a past president of the Association of College and Research Libraries as well as current co-chair of the association’s Value of Academic Libraries Committee. Lisa is a professor in the University Library at Urbana-Champaign and a sometimes-adjunct in the university’s library school.

There will be an opportunity for individuals to present their research, ideas, and best practices during the afternoon poster session.  Please submit your proposals for the poster session at Poster Session Proposals.  Poster proposals can be either research oriented or based in practice.  We are interested in topics broadly related to information literacy with students, patrons, and staff.

We hope to see you at the iDEAL Summit on November 10, 2012.

Nora Bird and Sandra Andrews, Co-Chairs
[log in to unmask],  [log in to unmask]
iDEAL Summit
Department of Library and Information Studies
University of North Carolina at Greensboro

--
Nora J. Bird, PhD
Assistant Professor