Dear colleagues,

We would like to inform you that registration is now open for the
second Young Geometric Group Theory Meeting, which takes place in
Haifa, Israel, February 3-7, 2013. Please help us to popularize the
event by forwarding this information to interested students and
postdocs at your institution. For further information and the
registration formular see our conference website:

http://www.math.technion.ac.il/cms/decade_2011-2020/year_2012-2013/Young-Geometric-Group-Theory/

Registration is open until November 15th. Some frequently asked
questions about the conference are answered below. If you have any
further questions concerning the conference please contact us:

*) For mathematics related questions or questions related to funding
contact the organizers at [log in to unmask].

*) For all other questions of organizational nature (registration,
accomodation, travel, ….) please contact Eline Zehavi at

Best regards,
The organizers and the scientific committee of YGGT2,

Uri Bader, Jason Behrstock, Michael Björklund, Remi Coulon, Tullia
Dymarz, Tobias Hartnick, Piotr Przytycki, Bertrand Remy, Roman Sauer
and Alexey Talambutsa

Young geometric group theory – Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the YGGT series?
A: YGGT is a series of conferences addressing young researchers in
geometric group theory and related areas. The series was initiated in
2011 with the first meeting taking place in January 2012 in Bedlewo,
Poland.

Q: Who are the people behind the current meeting?
A: The conference is organized by the geometric group theory group of
the Technion, Haifa. The main organizers are Uri Bader and Tobias
Hartnick. Speakers were selected by an international scientific
committee consisting of Piotr Przytycki (Chair), Jason Behrstock,
Michael Björklund, Remi Coulon, Tullia Dymarz, Bertrand Remy, Roman
Sauer and Alexey Talambutsa.

Q: What is the format of the current meeting?
A: The meeting will be similar in format to the first meeting, whose
website you can find under http://bcc.impan.pl/12Young/. In
particular, we will follow a similar schedule with four minicourses
(4h each) and seven plenary talks (1h each). In addition there will be
discussion sessions in smaller groups.

Q: What does participation cost me and how can I get support?
A: There is no conference fee. We have some limited funds to cover the
local costs (hotel, local transportation) of those participants who
cannot be supported otherwise. As a general rule we can only support
your local costs, not your travel costs. (Exception to this rule: The
NSF agreed to provide travel money for up to 20 US participants.) In
order to enable as many people as possible to participate in the
meeting, we kindly ask you to check whether you are eligible to
support from your home institution before applying to support from us.
We will try to cover the local costs for those who cannot be supported
by their home institutions. (In most European countries, it is
possible to get funding from either the national math societies or
other national science funds. Sometimes, grants of the European
Research Council can also be used for this purpose.) We hope that with
the help of all of you we can allow as many young mathematicians as
possible to participate in the meeting.

Q: How do I register?
A: Just follow the instructions on our website.  The registration
deadline is November 15th. In order to be considered for financial
support you have to submit both your completed registration form and
your research statement by that date according to the rules given on
the website.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- This message was sent to you via the Geometry List, which announces conferences in geometry and closely related areas to over 1200 mathematicians worldwide.

At http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/geometry.html there are many functions available, including checking the archives since November 2005, changing your e-mail address or preferences, and joining/leaving the list. If you have problems that cannot be resolved at this website, send a message to [log in to unmask]

Before sending an announcement, please carefully read the following. Any announcements that are *not* about conferences (e.g. those about jobs, journals, books, etc.) will be rejected by the moderator without comment. To announce a geometry or closely related conference, send the announcement (including a conference web site if possible) to [log in to unmask] The moderator cannot edit your message; list members will receive the announcement as an e-mail from you EXACTLY as you submitted it. For example, if your submission starts with "Please post this on the geometry list" then your conference announcement will also begin with that statement. In order to keep down the volume of e-mail, only TWO announcements per conference will be approved by the moderator. The "subject" of your message should include the name of the conference and the number (first or second) of the announcement, e.g. Gauss Memorial Lectures in Geometry: Second Announcement. Please check that your announcement (especially the website) is correct. Corrections will be approved only in the most critical situations, e.g. if corrected information is not available on the website. If you send a submission from an e-mail address that is not subscribed to the geometry list then you will be sent an e-mail asking for confirmation. This feature is designed to thwart the hundreds of machine-generated spam that are sent to the list and would otherwise have to be manually blocked by the moderator.

The Geometry List is sponsored and maintained by the Mathematics Department, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.